We are a team of wedding photographers who try to find the perfect balance of real moments and fine art. Yes we want you guys to look freakin' hot in your images but we also want your photos to take you back to the raw emotions you felt in that moment. We don't want you to say "The photos are so great. The Portos did a great job telling us to shut up and stand there". We want you to say "These photos are amazing. I remember exactly what we were laughing about or what you whispered in my ear."
Besides one another, we are the best decision you can make on your wedding day. I know that sounds prideful, but that is not a statement we would ever say about ourselves, its what our couples have said to us. We are a team of photographers who are all about connection with our couples. Trends will come and go so we do not want to focus on that, we want to focus on you. Each couple has their own story and personality and that is what the Portos strive to show in our photos!
What we care about:
- Traveling – We crave the excitement of going somewhere we’ve never been and killing it!
- Adventurous brides and grooms – give us something outside of the parameters of the usual wedding traditions and we will swoon. Warning: Trespassing may happen!
- Golden Hour! Love the way we use light in our photos? That’s the key. Trust us!
- Happy tears and ugly cries ALL DAY!
- Brides & Grooms who have prioritized photo and video over an expensive cake, caterer, or floral arrangements. Don’t get us wrong, those things are all important and will add to the beauty of what we do, but only the photos & video will last a lifetime.
What we don’t give a crap about:
- Pinned poses! We like posing couples based off who they are and having natural moments, not whats “popular” on Pinterest. We want couples to be themselves on their wedding day and not feel like they have to nail a certain "pose" they saw online.
- Wedding professionals who are care more about their agenda then about the bride & groom! It’s about you guys, not us!
- Walmart at night. It’s not safe, people!
- Being so far from our families.
- Drunk & belligerent bridal parties. Have some drinks, feel free to give us some, just don’t go all Joe Pesci in Casino on us.